Cheesy Eggplant Roll-Ups
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Slice the ends the eggplants and slice them into ¼ -inch (½ cm) slices and lay them out on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Season with a pinch of salt on both sides of the eggplant slices and let them sweat for 20 minutes, then dry them with a paper towel. Once dried; add a pinch of pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl, mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, basil, and egg.
- Remove eggplant slices from the oven and turn oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto eggplant slice then roll it up, repeating for all slices.
- In a 11×17-inch (28 x 43cm) baking sheet, pour ½ of the marinara sauce, then add all the roll-ups seam down. Pour remaining ½ of marinara sauce, and top with basil and parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Discovered on Pintrest: https://www.tasty.co/recipe/eggplant-lasagna-roll-ups?ref=bffbtasty#4ldradw